If you are looking for an opportunity to join a challenging and passionate team environment of industry leaders, then you've come to the right place. For over 35 years, LRL has been a multidisciplinary engineering firm that creates unparalleled experiences and relationships with our clients. Our workplace philosophy is that our team comes first. Not only do we recognize the hard work of our teammates, but we work to create a place of innovation, inclusivity and skill.
LRL is seeking someone to fill an Intermediate/Senior Environmental Engineer role that will focus on the engineering portions of site assessments, including Phase l and Phase ll Environmental Site Assessments (CSA; and Ontario Regulation 153/04); environmental remediations; contamination delineation and management projects; hydrogeological assessments; and other environmental related services. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Manager of Environmental Services Department with the environmental services team members and will take the lead in the engineering aspects of projects while providing guidance, instruction and mentorship of technical staff. As an Intermediate/Senior Environmental Engineer, additional roles will include client and regulatory official liaisons, coordination and project management.
This position is a hybrid of working from home and in the office. There is a requirement for site visits for client liaisons, project planning and field staff support.
- Responsible for filing Record of Site Conditions with the MECP as a Qualified Person.
- Aiding and providing support to the Environmental Services Team Lead with regard to work plans; cost estimates, standard operating procedures; budget tracking; resource management; project management and detailed fee proposal submissions.
- Prepare and conduct technical and quality reviews of data, environmental reports and submissions to ensure that the overall project objectives are met and that the work was completed with respect to applicable regulatory requirements and technical standards and by application regulatory authorities and clients or their respective agents.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies and contractors.
- Provide mentorship and overall technical development support to junior staff.
Providing leadership and technical involvement for various environmental related projects, such as:
- Phase I/One and Phase II/Two Environmental Site Assessments (CSA Standard and Ontario Regulation 153/04);
- Underground Storage Tank Removal and Site Decommissioning;
- Remediation Programs;
- Contamination Delineation Programs and Management Plans;
- Hydrogeological Assessments;
- Groundwater Monitoring Programs;
- Designated Substance Surveys;
- Soil Management and Disposal Plans as per Ontario Regulation 406/19; and
- several other environmental engineering-related projects.
- Experience with prescribed safety and technical protocols.
- Being bilingual (French and English) is a strong asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker.
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent judgement skills.
- Dedicated to quality of workmanship.
- Ability to act in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
Educational & Certification Requirements
- Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or Geoscience/Earth Science.
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario or Association of Professional Geoscientists (P.Eng. or P.Geo designation).
- Qualified Person, Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA), with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of O.Reg.153/04 and Record of Site Condition filing experience.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Strong environmental and hydrogeological background and understanding. Experience in conducting Phase I & II ESA, Designated Substance Survey, Hydrogeological Assessments, and contaminated site remediation.
The ideal candidate is a team player with an elevated focus on detail and quality of work. They possess professional values that align with LRL’s Core Values of seeing things through and going above and beyond.
Our Commitment to You
LRL offers financial support for professional development.